Things To Act
Tuesday, January 25, 2005
 
Unexpected Juxtaposition
I was working at my desk, and heard music that I had previously encountered only in the hymnbook coming from the university bell tower. Since I left BYU some time ago for graduate work at a non-Church-owned school, this was rather surprising. Of course, I had forgotten which words went with the music, since playing the organ or piano usually keeps one from singing. So I had to sing the (wordless) music to myself and count syllables while finding it in the meters index in the online hymnbook. Result: "I Saw a Mighty Angel Fly", music by Vaughan Williams. Less surprising, then, I suppose, especially given this comment.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

BYU Blogs
Previous | Join | List | Random | Next
Blogroll Me!